• four • Meditation on a Bar Stool • [Editorial (Analog)] • essay by means of Stanley Schmidt
• eight • A Fierce, Calming Presence • novelette by way of Jordan Jeffers
• eight • A Fierce, Calming Presence • inside art by means of Joel Iskowitz
• 23 • The Passionate Astrophysicist to His Love • poem by way of Robert Lundy
• 23 • The Passionate Astrophysicist to His Love • inside paintings through uncredited
• 24 • Alien Dimensions: The Universe round the corner • [Science truth (Analog)] • essay by way of Edward M. Lerner
• 31 • Remembering: Frederik Pohl, 1919-2013 • essay via uncredited
• 32 • pollutants • shortstory through Don Webb
• 38 • The Oracle of Boca Raton • shortstory by means of Eric Baylis
• forty-one • Bud Webster and the prior Masters • [The trade View] • essay by means of Jeffery D. Kooistra
• forty-one • evaluation: earlier Masters and different Bookish Natterings by way of Bud Webster • evaluation through Jeffery D. Kooistra
• forty four • In dialog: Bud Webster • interview of Bud Webster • interview by means of Cat Rambo
• forty five • Wind Reaper • shortstory by means of Jon Hakes
• forty eight • In instances to return (Analog, April 2014) • [In instances to return (Analog)] • essay via uncredited
• forty nine • First touch: mothers Rule • [Probability 0] • shortstory by way of Diane Turnshek
• 50 • It's no longer "The woman or the Tiger?", It's "Which Tiger?" • shortstory through Ian Randal Strock
• fifty three • The View from Cruithne • poem by way of Mary A. Turzillo
• fifty three • The View from Cruithne • inside paintings via uncredited
• fifty four • Whaliens • shortstory by means of Lavie Tidhar
• fifty four • Whaliens • inside paintings by means of Joshua Meehan
• sixty two • Lockstep (Part four of four) • serial by way of Karl Schroeder
• sixty two • Lockstep (Part four of four) • inside paintings by means of Mark Evans
• 104 • The Reference Library (Analog, April 2014) • [The Reference Library] • essay by way of Don Sakers
• 104 • Interview • interview of Don Sakers • interview through Don Sakers
• a hundred and five • assessment: previous Mars by means of George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois • evaluation by means of Don Sakers
• a hundred and five • overview: Worlds of Edgar Rice Burroughs via Mike Resnick and Robert T. Garcia • evaluate through Don Sakers
• 106 • overview: canine of battle via Mike McPhail • overview through Don Sakers
• 106 • assessment: Skirmishes by means of Kristine Kathryn Rusch • evaluation by means of Don Sakers
• 107 • assessment: The Plague Forge via Jason M. Hough • evaluate via Don Sakers
• 108 • Brass Tacks (Analog, April 2014) • [Brass Tacks] • essay through a number of
• 108 • Letter (Analog, April 2014) • essay by means of Michael Smith (I)
• 109 • Letter: The Editor Responds (Analog, April 2014) • essay by way of Trevor Quachri
• one hundred ten • Letter (Analog, April 2014) • essay through John younger
• 112 • Upcoming occasions (Analog, April 2014) • [Upcoming occasions] • essay by way of Anthony R. Lewis [as via Anthony Lewis ]
Read Online or Download Analog Science Fiction and Fact (April 2014) PDF
Similar horror books
The quick tales during this first assortment by means of significantly acclaimed author Daryl Gregory run the gamut from technology fiction to modern delusion, with a number of tales that defy effortless category. His characters should be neuroscientists, superhero sidekicks, middle-aged heroes of children's tales, or fantatics spreading a virus-borne faith, yet they're all convincingly human.
Peter and Maggie have the booze, the medicine, and the houseboat for one wild weekend with their associates. If simply that they had how to break out the traditional evil deep below the Illinois River. What starts as a lager fueled teenage intercourse romp becomes a nightmare as killer cannibals tear in the course of the boaters one after the other.
In 1978 the Crabs attacked Australia’s nice Barrier Reef with horrendous lack of human existence. among the fatalities used to be Harvey Logan, big-game hunter. the realm believed that those negative crustaceans have been annihilated yet Harvey’s son, Brock, used to be yes that sooner or later they might emerge from the oceans once again on a rampage of bloody carnage.
The kingdom police of Troop D in rural Pennsylvania have stored a mystery in Shed B out again of the barracks ever seeing that 1979, while soldiers Ennis Rafferty and Curtis Wilcox replied a decision from a gasoline station simply down the line and got here again with an deserted Buick Roadmaster. Curt Wilcox knew outdated automobiles, and he knew instantly that this one used to be.
Additional info for Analog Science Fiction and Fact (April 2014)
One minute there was the usual music and talking, the next nothing but silence. Not even static. Just silence. I tried to tune in to a couple of other stations but I couldn’t get anything. Like an idiot I kept driving and trying to sort out the radio at the same time. I only had one eye on the road, and the sun kept flashing through the tops of the trees. The sky was clear and blue and the morning sun was huge and blinding. I wanted to get back home so I kept my foot down. I didn’t see the bend in the road until I was half way round and I didn’t see the other car until it was almost too late.
Didn’t matter what went wrong or when, he always got us out. He knew the maintenance contract better than I did. I was six miles short of Northwich when I first realised that something was wrong. I’d stopped at the services to get a cup of coffee and something to eat and I was just coming off the motorway when the radio started playing up. Nothing unusual about that - the electric’s in the van had a mind of their own - but this was different. One minute there was the usual music and talking, the next nothing but silence.
He knew that Emma couldn’t answer, but it helped just to have asked. She shrugged her shoulders. ’ ‘But how could it have killed so many people? ’ ‘Don’t know,’ she said again. ‘Christ, I watched thirty kids die in just a couple of minutes, how on earth could anything…’ She was staring at him. He stopped talking. ‘Sorry,’ he mumbled. ‘It’s okay,’ she sighed. Another awkward, pregnant pause followed. ’ Michael eventually asked. Emma nodded. ’ ‘I’m freezing. I tell you there are holes in the walls of this place.
Analog Science Fiction and Fact (April 2014)