By Christian Otto
This thesis bargains with the dynamics of state of the art nanophotonic semiconductor buildings, delivering crucial details on basic features of nonlinear dynamical platforms at the one hand, and technological functions in sleek telecommunication at the different. 3 various complicated laser constructions are thought of intimately: (i) a quantum-dot-based semiconductor laser below optical injection from a grasp laser, (ii) a quantum-dot laser with optical suggestions from an exterior resonator, and (iii) a passively mode-locked quantum-well semiconductor laser with saturable absorber less than optical suggestions from an exterior resonator. utilizing a huge spectrum of equipment, either numerical and analytical, this paintings achieves new basic insights into the interaction of microscopically dependent nonlinear laser dynamics and optical perturbations via behind schedule suggestions and injection.
Read or Download Dynamics of Quantum Dot Lasers: Effects of Optical Feedback and External Optical Injection PDF
Best dynamics books
This assortment covers a variety of subject matters of endless dimensional dynamical platforms generated by way of parabolic partial differential equations, hyperbolic partial differential equations, solitary equations, lattice differential equations, hold up differential equations, and stochastic differential equations.
1. 1 advent In economics, one usually observes time sequence that express varied styles of qualitative habit, either standard and abnormal, symmetric and uneven. There exist diverse views to give an explanation for this sort of habit in the framework of a dynamical version. the normal trust is that the time evolution of the sequence should be defined via a linear dynamic version that's exogenously disturbed by means of a stochastic procedure.
This examine explores a number of dynamics in state-society family members that are an important to an figuring out of the modern global: methods of nation formation, cave in and restructuring, all strongly prompted via globalization in its a number of respects. specific consciousness is given to externally orchestrated kingdom restructuring.
- Tuning semiconducting and metallic quantum dots : spectroscopy and dynamics
- Contact Mechanics
- Structure and Dynamics of Weakly Bound Molecular Complexes
- Structure and dynamics : an atomic view of materials / [...] XD-US
- The Synergy Between Dynamics and Reactivity at Clusters and Surfaces
- Networked Consumers: Dynamics of Interactive Consumers in Structured Environments
Additional info for Dynamics of Quantum Dot Lasers: Effects of Optical Feedback and External Optical Injection
30b)). The bluish shaded region in Fig. 9 marks the difference between the full damping S and its QW contribution S,QW . Thus, it describes the impact of the band rate RO RO structure. The difference increases with the pump current, because τe−1 and τh−1 increase faster with the pump current (cf. Fig. 3) than the steady state of the photon 0 . 4). In this regime, the carrier lifetimes τb in the QD levels vanish, and the carrier exchange is fast enough to ensure that QDs and carrier reservoir remain in quasi-equilibrium during the turn-on process.
3) It is important to note that these lifetimes are not constant but depend on the carrier densities in the surrounding carrier reservoir and thus on the injected pump current. They constitute the additional time scales that distinguishes QD from QW lasers. In the following chapters, their importance for the turn-on dynamics of the laser as well as for its dynamical response to external optical injection and feedback will be discussed. One advantage of QD lasers is that the additional lifetimes τe and τh can be tuned by the growth conditions and the material composition of the QDs , which changes the energy spacings αE e and αE h between the band edge of the carrier reservoir and the QD levels.
Modified from  adapted to keep a fixed pump level of J = 2Jth . , the fast set of scattering rates. It is located close to the maximum of the RO damping. Decreasing the scattering rates by multiplying with a factor smaller than unity, yields a strong decrease of the RO damping. Blue and green arrows indicate the inverse electronic lifetimes τe−1 as obtained from the deep dot structures of the reference rates and the slow rates, respectively. The RO damping decreases from the fast over the reference to the slow set of rates, as depicted in the time series of Fig.
Dynamics of Quantum Dot Lasers: Effects of Optical Feedback and External Optical Injection by Christian Otto