By Jordi Moya-Laraño, Jennifer Rowntree, Guy Woodward
The subject of this quantity is to debate Eco-evolutionary Dynamics.
- Updates and informs the reader at the newest examine findings
- Written by way of top specialists within the field
- Highlights components for destiny investigation
Read or Download Eco-Evolutionary Dynamics, PDF
Similar dynamics books
This assortment covers a variety of issues of countless dimensional dynamical structures generated through parabolic partial differential equations, hyperbolic partial differential equations, solitary equations, lattice differential equations, hold up differential equations, and stochastic differential equations.
1. 1 advent In economics, one frequently observes time sequence that convey diversified styles of qualitative habit, either common and abnormal, symmetric and uneven. There exist diverse views to give an explanation for this type of habit in the framework of a dynamical version. the conventional trust is that the time evolution of the sequence might be defined via a linear dynamic version that's exogenously disturbed by way of a stochastic strategy.
This research explores quite a number dynamics in state-society kinfolk that are an important to an figuring out of the modern global: tactics of kingdom formation, cave in and restructuring, all strongly prompted through globalization in its a variety of respects. specific awareness is given to externally orchestrated nation restructuring.
- Tao of Organization: The I Ching for Group Dynamics
- Nonlinear Dynamics in Engineering Systems: IUTAM Symposium, Stuttgart, Germany, August 21–25, 1989
- Vorticity and Vortex Dynamics
- Nutrient Dynamics and Biological Structure in Shallow Freshwater and Brackish Lakes
- Storm and Cloud Dynamics: The Dynamics of Clouds and Precipitating Mesoscale Systems
- The Dynamics of Sedimentary Basins (Special Report)
Additional info for Eco-Evolutionary Dynamics,
This pattern reflected the reduced recruitment rate of young of the year after guppies had been introduced. Fraser and Lamphere complemented these observations with experiments that showed that the most likely cause of this shift in size distribution is guppy predation on newborn Rivulus, rather than competition between adult guppies and juvenile Rivulus. 4 The impact of guppies on Invertebrates The guppy introductions caused a decrease in the abundance and biomass of predatory and gathering invertebrates 2 years post-introduction compared with the upstream controls in the Upper and Lower Lalaja system (Fig.
2011) illustrate the dramatic consequences of trophic downgrading, or the elimination of apex predators. Likewise, Paine (1966, 1974) characterized the consequences of the natural presence or absence of a keystone predator. What we need to imagine in such circumstances is the consequences of the resulting ecosystem changes for the nature of selection on 36 Joseph Travis et al. the species instigating these changes and for the selective milieu of the rest of the species in the system. , 2011) have anything in common with LP guppies in the way they deplete their environment of resource, restructure their ecosystems and, perhaps, impose selection on themselves, and cause themselves to adapt to what they have done to their ecosystem.
Phenotypic and genetic changes in an introduction experiment. Evolution 41, 1370–1385. , 1996. Life-history evolution in guppies (Poecilia reticulata: Poeciliidae). 5. Genetic basis of parallelism in life histories. Am. Nat. 147, 339–359. , 1982. The impact of predation on life history evolution in Trinidadian guppies (Poecilia reticulata). Evolution 36, 160–177. , 1990.
Eco-Evolutionary Dynamics, by Jordi Moya-Laraño, Jennifer Rowntree, Guy Woodward