By K. C. Nicolaou, Tamsyn Montagnon
During this delightfully designed e-book, okay. C. Nicolaou introduces the world's most vital molecules and indicates in a desirable manner the function yes compounds need to play in our daily lives within the fields of gear, aromatics or supplements. for instance, he tells the tale of Aspirin, starting 3,500 years in the past in Egypt, via to its first synthesis and numerous purposes with many pleasing proof and information. published in complete colour all through and with its oversize layout, this can be a needs to for each chemist, common scientist and somebody attracted to the sciences.
Quality: high quality colour test, larger format than the pdf, nonetheless a few snapshot titles bring to an end on best of pages, now not searchable or bookmarked
Read Online or Download Molecules That Changed the World PDF
Best organic chemistry books
Exploring the chemical and actual homes of phosphonium salts, ylides and phosphoranes, this quantity covers theoretical and structural features, stereochemistry, synthesis, photochemistry, spectroscopy and biochemistry.
During this entire publication, one of many prime specialists, Shun-Ichi Murahashi, provides all of the very important features of contemporary artificial chemistry utilizing Ruthenium, starting from hydrogenation to metathesis. In 14 contributions, written by way of a world authorship, readers will locate the entire info they wish approximately this attention-grabbing and outstanding chemistry.
This is often the number-one profitable e-book on reliable part natural synthesis, now in its moment, increased version. It deals the reader
· a finished assessment of helps, spacers, and linkers
· 15% extra contents
· every little thing there's to understand approximately reactions and their applications
· transparent structure
· various experimental directions to be used in practice
The perfect reference for novices and experts.
". .. i've got no doubts that this article is going to be the benchmark for destiny courses at the topic, and a really not easy act to persist with for authors making plans books in their personal in this crimson sizzling subject. "
- Steroid Reaction Mechanisms
- The Chemistry of Organozinc Compounds
- Comprehensive Organic Synthesis. Oxidation
- Schaum's Outline of General, Organic, and Biochemistry for Nursing and Allied Health
Extra resources for Molecules That Changed the World
12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 27 This page intentionally left blank 3 Darunavir (Prezista): A HIV-1 Protease Inhibitor for Treatment of Multidrug-Resistant HIV Arun K. Ghosh and Cuthbert D. 1 Ï ^ ( N. ^ ^ ^ ,NH ? Γ iÍJ XJ 0 " *0 USAN: Darunavir 1 Trade name: Prezista® 1 Tibotec Pharmaceuticals 1 Launched: 2006 1 Background Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infections continue to be a major global challenge in medicine in the 21st century. l These statistics indicate the magnitude of the global epidemic of HIV/AIDS today.
Opin. Investig. Drugs 2003, 4, 206-209. Rosemond, M. ; Walsh, J. S. Chem. Biol. Interact. 2004,147, 129-139. ; Wai, J. ; Embrey, M. ; Fisher, T. ; Egbertson, M. ; Payne, L. ; Guare, J. P. ; Vacca, J. ; Hazuda, D. ; Felock, P. ; Wolfe, A. ; Stillmock, K. ; Witmer, M. ; Schleif, W. ; Gabryelski, L. ; Leonard, Y. ; Lynch, J. J. ; Michelson, S. ; Young, S. D. J. Med. Chem. 2003, 46, 453-456. Hazuda, D. ; Anthony, N. ; Gomez, R. ; Jolly, S. M ; Wai, J. ; Fisher, T. ; Guare, J. P. ; Egbertson, M. ; Vacca, J.
Egbertson, M. ; Vacca, J. ; Huff, J. ; Felock, P. ; Witmer, M. ; Stillmock, K. ; Miller, M. ; Espeseth, A. ; Chen, I. ; Lin, J. ; Ellis, J. ; Wong, B. ; Pearson, P. ; Schleif, W. ; Holloway, M. ; Young, S. D. Proc. Nati. Acad. Sei. USA 2004,101, 11233-11238. ; Schooley, R. Paper presented at 12th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, Feb. A. ; Matassa, V. ; Paz, O. ; Pace, P. J. Med. Chem. 2006, 49, 6646-6649. ; Rico Ferreira, M. ; Hommick, C. ; Stillmock, K. ; Summa, V. J.
Molecules That Changed the World by K. C. Nicolaou, Tamsyn Montagnon