By Frank Quattromani
From airway ailments to vascular anomalies, this publication presents a finished evaluation of universal and infrequent difficulties in all parts of pediatric radiology. for every ailment procedure, the e-book assessments your wisdom of etiology, embryology, genetics, gender issues, and imaging findings.
- 3,430 questions and solutions provided in a
rapid-fire, "test your self" two-column structure
- Broad insurance of pediatric pathology from a
radiologic and scientific standpoint
- Alphabetic association of material inside of every one bankruptcy to help quick place of subject matters of interest
This Q&A ebook offers thorough guidance for board exam and recertification assessments in radiology, pediatrics, and nursing. citizens will locate the ebook to be an quintessential instrument for getting ready to deal with tricky, rapid-fire wondering via leader citizens and attendings.
Read or Download Pediatric imaging: rapid-fire questions and answers PDF
Similar diagnostic imaging books
Case experiences in belly and Pelvic Imaging provides a hundred case reviews, masking either universal every-day stipulations of the stomach and pelvis, in addition to much less universal circumstances that junior medical professionals and radiologists in education might be conscious of. Compiled by way of specialists within the box, Case experiences in belly and Pelvic Imaging makes use of the main updated and top of the range photographs, together with undeniable movies, CT scans, MRI scans and the occasional nuclear drugs picture the place appropriate.
This e-book is designed to supply the reader with an entire realizing of the function of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) in aiding to resolve a few of the so much demanding difficulties in endodontics. it is going to shorten the educational curve in program of this fascinating imaging procedure in a number of contexts: tricky diagnostic situations, remedy making plans, overview of inner teeth anatomy ahead of root canal remedy, nonsurgical and surgical remedies, early detection and therapy of resorptive defects, and results evaluation.
Written by way of an interdisciplinary workforce of specialists, Cardiac Imaging: A Multimodality process positive aspects an in-depth creation to all present imaging modalities for the diagnostic review of the guts in addition to a scientific review of cardiac illnesses and major symptoms for cardiac imaging. With a selected emphasis on CT and MRI, the 1st a part of the atlas additionally covers traditional radiography, echocardiography, angiography and nuclear drugs imaging.
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiologic Imaging in Sports Injuries
- Contrast Media in Ultrasonography Basic Principles and Clinical Applications
- Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positions and Radiologic Procedures, Vol. 1
- Atlas of Normal Imaging Variations of the Brain, Skull, and Craniocervical Vasculature
Extra info for Pediatric imaging: rapid-fire questions and answers
Kawasaki disease 72. What is the age range for epiglottitis? Airway/Head and Neck 9 65. Plain film lateral examination demonstrates swelling of the epiglottis (“thumb sign”), thickened edematous aryepiglottic folds, and distended (ballooned) hypopharynx with underaerated lungs without cardiomegaly. Edema within the epiglottis can extend inferiorly into the subglottis region. 66. Epiglottitis has a more abrupt onset of inspiratory stridor, due mostly to a combination of swelling of the aryepiglottic folds and epiglottis.
66. Which is more life threatening, epiglottitis or croup? 67. Which structures become inflamed and edematous with epiglottitis? 68. What is the etiologic agent responsible for epiglottitis? 69. Can the swelling and edema of epiglottitis spread to the subglottic regions? 70. (T/F) Any patient suspected of epiglottitis should be sent to the radiology department with a family member to have a supine cross-table lateral soft tissue plain film examination of the neck. 71. Which one of the following is the least likely cause of an enlarged epiglottis?
Name 10 or more common causes of stridor and upper airway obstruction in infants and children. 177. Stridor is a harsh respiratory noise caused by turbulent airflow through a narrowed airway. Stridor is an audible inspiratory sound. 178. qxd 10/10/07 8:52 AM Page 23 1 179. Which of the following are the two most common causes of inspiratory stridor in the infant and child? A. vascular ring B. croup C. laryngomalacia D. subglottic hemangioma E. epiglottitis Airway/Head and Neck 23 179. B. & C. The two most common causes of inspiratory stridor are laryngomalacia and croup.
Pediatric imaging: rapid-fire questions and answers by Frank Quattromani
- Electro-Magnetic Tissue Properties MRI - download pdf or read online
- Mark E. Brezinski's Optical Coherence Tomography: Principles and Applications PDF