By H. Penttilä (auth.), Juha Äystö, Tommi Eronen, Ari Jokinen, Anu Kankainen, Iain D. Moore, Heikki Penttilä (eds.)
The IGISOL workforce on the collage of Jyväskyla reports the homes of nuclei remote the road of beta balance. those stories are played in the community on the Jyväskylä Ion advisor Isotope Separator online (IGISOL) facility, in addition to at a few different laboratories akin to the ISOLDE facility in CERN, at GANIL and in Helmholzzentrum GSI, the positioning of the long run radioactive beam facility reasonable. the gang can also be actively serious about paintings to aid the advance of overseas destiny amenities EURISOL and aforementioned reasonable. This ebook offers rigorously chosen papers to portrait the paintings at IGISOL.
Previously released within the journals Hyperfine Interactions and ecu actual magazine A.
Read or Download Three decades of research using IGISOL technique at the University of Jyväskylä: A Portrait of the Ion Guide Isotope Separator On-Line Facility in Jyväskylä PDF
Best research books
A part of the hot Tsinghua college Texts sequence, this publication offers an updated advent to the elemental tools on the topic of making plans and human prone supply. those equipment reduction planners in answering the next an important questions on human actions inside a given neighborhood: "Who are they?
This 5th quantity of analysis equipment in Neurochemistry represents a milestone in that it marks virtually a decade because the inception of the sequence. Over those ten years there was a nearly exponential progress in neuro chemistry observed by means of various technical advancements. this is often the justification for our sequence; necessarily we now have in basic terms been in a position to conceal a frac tion of the methodological thoughts of the decade, yet now we have attempted up to attainable to create a stability among the various techniques and philosophies within the examine of the chemical foundation of mind functionality.
Dieser Buchtitel ist Teil des Digitalisierungsprojekts Springer booklet information mit Publikationen, die seit den Anfängen des Verlags von 1842 erschienen sind. Der Verlag stellt mit diesem Archiv Quellen für die historische wie auch die disziplingeschichtliche Forschung zur Verfügung, die jeweils im historischen Kontext betrachtet werden müssen.
- Message from the Pleiades: The Contact Notes of Eduard Billy Meier (Volume 4)
- Research Methodologies in Supply Chain Management: In Collaboration with Magnus Westhaus
- Kuramochi Boundaries of Riemann Surfaces: A Symposium held at the Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University, October 1965
- Classical Biological Control of Bemisia tabaci in the United States - A Review of Interagency Research and Implementation
- Geomorphology: the Research Frontier and Beyond. Proceedings of the 24th Binghamton Symposium in Geomorphology, August 25, 1993
- British Social Attitudes: The 19th Report (British Social Attitudes Survey series)
Extra resources for Three decades of research using IGISOL technique at the University of Jyväskylä: A Portrait of the Ion Guide Isotope Separator On-Line Facility in Jyväskylä
23. For comparison, the transmission efficiency of ions with mass A = 20 (chosen to reflect the dominance of light masses, of which helium, nitrogen, oxygen and water form a major fraction) was simulated using similar parameters as the experiment. The SPIG can transmit 100 % of the 39 42 Measured total current Simulated A = 20 100 SPIG efficiency [%] Fig. D. Moore et al. 80 60 40 20 0 0 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 Ion current from the ion guide [nA] incoming charge density up to currents of ∼100 nA (∼1012 ions s−1 ) however above this, space charge effects steadily reduce the transmission before tending to saturation after a few μA.
The resulting chamber design is shown (right). Figure courtesy of K. Peräjärvi the energy and emission angle distributions of the chosen reaction, 197 Au(65 Cu,X)Y, at the 88 cyclotron. The deep-inelastic ion guide design, shown in Fig. 24, was tested in both onand off-line conditions at IGISOL . Using the same reaction as the Berkley experiment, the yields of mass-separated radioactive projectile-like species were studied. 06 %. 7 % are converted into mass-separated beams. This intrinsic efficiency is comparable to that reported for the HIGISOL system.
It has not been clear however what losses the space charge effects amount to and up to 10,000 ions per bunch can be easily handled. Most likely though the effect reduces the accumulation time that can be used which in turn is linked to bunching-related losses arising from radiactive decay and to the formation of molecular ions. 3 New ion guides for fission and heavy ion reactions As the light-ion reactions used were basically the same as in the old laboratory, no major design changes to the light-ion reaction ion guide were implemented.
Three decades of research using IGISOL technique at the University of Jyväskylä: A Portrait of the Ion Guide Isotope Separator On-Line Facility in Jyväskylä by H. Penttilä (auth.), Juha Äystö, Tommi Eronen, Ari Jokinen, Anu Kankainen, Iain D. Moore, Heikki Penttilä (eds.)